Azure, DevOps, Solution Architect.
Current DevOps and Azure Consultant - New Signature
As a DevOps Consultant, I coached, educated, and assisted I.T. organizations of all sizes in accelerating the rate at which they could deliver value to end users. When compared to their low-performing peers, the effects of my hands-on advisory services on I.T. organizations who achieved elite performance resulted in:
- Increased throughput
- Deployments to production 208 times more frequently
- 106 times shorter lead times for changes (commit to deploy)
- Greater stability
- Incident recovery at a rate of 2604 times faster
- 86% less likely change failure
During my time in this role, I guided clients through:
- Cloud migrations, including planning, building, and transitioning.
- Implementing a vast array of Azure technologies, including (but not limited to):
- Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Application Insights.
- PaaS, IaaS, and CaaS offerings.
- Azure managed database offerings.
- Azure API Management.
- Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS).
- Building full CI/CD pipelines to support rapid iteration with maximum safety and minimal friction between code commit and production. Full pipelines included things such as:
- Automated testing (All types of tests).
- Provisioning of infrastructure (Declarative infrastructure as code).
- Build and deployment of code.
- Adoption and implementation of new features, processes, and tooling.
- Transitions from on-premises to IaaS to PaaS to Kubernetes.
In addition to the above, I performed multiple DevOps assessments on entire organizations to analyze their posture for effectively delivering high-quality software at a fast pace with extreme stability. The output of these assessments included my targeted recommendations and roadmaps for the implementation of improvements in areas such as infrastructure, architecture, tooling, and processes. These DevOps assessments were the entry-point to long-term client relationships in which I guided clients through increasing their delivery capabilities while measuring their success.
All of this work has allowed me the opportunity to truly know what it takes to create an elite-performing I.T. organization and how to implement a DevOps culture to facilitate it.
Current (Acquired by New Signature)
Cloud-First Software Engineer, Azure and DevOps Consulting - Nebbia Technology
The focus of Nebbia was DevOps and Azure adoption. As a software engineer and consultant, my primary role was to assist customers in their DevOps and cloud journey by providing education, guidance, and development around:
- Creating a DevOps culture
- Building scalable microservices
- Containerization using Docker
- Driving adoption and implementation Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Implementing CI/CD Pipelines
- Transforming business and development processes for faster and more stable software delivery
2017 - 2018 Software Engineer - Switchboard Live
Switchboard is a live streaming startup that I joined as the first employee. During my time at Switchboard, I covered many roles between development, operations, and infrastructure. Some of the relevant duties I performed included:
- Led a team of developers in creation and continued maintenance of a developer API
- Served as a developer for multiple existing APIs
- Implemented CI/CD for all projects
- Revamped critical infrastructure to use container orchestration & more.
- Developed several internal support tools.
2016 - 2017 Full-Stack Software Engineer - Wycliffe Associates
Wycliffe Associates is heavy on processing payments. Upon joining, I was asked to single-handedly build a donation system that allowed donors to give money with absolute minimal friction. This was a full-stack challenge at its finest. Components of this system that I built included:
- Prototype/proof of concept
- Web API that received and stored payment information and user data (PCI compliant)
- Web application for managing marketing campaigns
- A CMS-based website for donation landing pages
- Docker containers for dependency packaging
- CI/CD Pipelines
2015 - 2016 Full-Stack Software Engineer - Cru
The team I joined at Cru was a tactical team for spear-heading internal projects. During my time there, I accomplished many things including:
- A complete rebuild of the jesusfilm.org website and the APIs the backend that supports the website.
- Feature additions to a monolithic REST API
- Developed native Android application with advanced hardware-level features
- Process automation and streamlining via scripting
2012 - 2015 Software Engineer - Northrop Grumman
The project that I served at Northrop Grumman was focused on software that monitored and altered mission-critical signals from sattelites around the globe.
- Developed features and algorithms for spectral analysis of sattelite signals
- Implemented unit testing
- Built graphing functionality for signals
2008 - 2012 Aircraft Mechanic - US Air Force
- Section Manager
- Combat Aid and CPR Instructor
- Flight Program Developer
2004 - 2008 Electrical Engineering Tech - Lexmark International
- Circuit Design & Modification
- Hardware & Embedded Programming
Speaker, writer, community group organizer.
Groups Orlando Backend Developers, Co-Organizer
Recent Talks Azure Kubernetes Service, 2019 Global Azure Bootcamp
Azure Kubernetes Workshop, Microsoft Tech Center Engagement
Effective Microservices, 2019 Orlando Code Camp
Recent Articles Microservice vs. Monolith: How to Choose, Medium
Software Interfaces in the Wild, Personal Site
Microservices are not Micro; They are Vertical, Personal Site
Tooling Kubernetes, Docker/Containerization, Azure, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Linux, Git, Feature Flags, Redis
Concepts Microservices, Testing, DevOps, Ring-Based Deployments, Zero-Downtime Deployments, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Scrum
B.S. Computer Science, University of Maryland Global Campus
A.A. General Studies, Valencia College